 Announcements / 2223
2222  |  2224
Subject:
Lego Color Chart added to the Color Tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 03:45:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I've added my 'best guess' matches from the Lego Color Chart provided by Peeron
into my Color Tree. Here's the link:

http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/ColorTree.html

The Color Tree separates colors by groups. Each group has 2 or 4 rows. The top
row of each pair is the original names I used in the Color Tree, based closely
on the Bricklink names. The Color Tree name links to my Color Roots page which
gives conversions between Bricklink, Peeron, and LDraw, as well as some set &
series information.
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/ColorRoots.html

The bottom row of each pair is the Lego Color Chart name, which includes color
numbers from Mark's tiles picture that don't appear on Peeron's list. A name in
parenthesis without a color background is created by be, since Mark's picture
did not include 'official' names or HTML color codes. The Color Chart name links
to the Lego Color List, which shows CYMK, RGB & Pantone colors.
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/ColorLego.html

A question mark means I don't have a fan-created match for a Lego color. A blank
color block means I couldn't find a Lego-named match for a fan-color. Groupings
are for comparison purposes only, subject to change, and should not be inferred
as describing any specific relation between the colors.

If you have any information about matches, or appearances, of the colors on the
Lego Color Chart, please email me. I'll be updating the Color Tree actively.
Once the matches are stable, I'll be expanding the Color Roots pages to include
appearance & set information on the 'new' colors.

Hope this helps,
Clark

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

My ever expanding Visual Helper - minifigs, heads, torsos, colors, trees, flags,
wheels, and printed beams:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/VisualMiniHelper.html