 Announcements / 2042
2041  |  2043
Subject:
"My Collection" download page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 00:37:12 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I just added a quick "download" page feature for members who maintain
personal set listings using LUGNET's Set Guide.  This lets you download data
in a simple tab-separated text format which you can import into your favorite
spreadsheet program or whatever application you like.

Where is it?  It's kind of a bit hidden currently.  As you may already know,
if you click on "My Collection" from a set page, you go to a listing page
with a table showing all your sets and piece counts.  What I just added there
is a link to a "raw" version of the same page, which spits out the data as
plain text instead of an HTML table page.  So if you're signed in and you look
at your own data, you'll see all of it (public and private).  If someone else
is looking at your data, they'll only see your public set information.

Lemme know if you have any trouble finding the download link.  We'll be
making these and other member-related links easier to find in the next few
weeks as we get the members.lugnet.com subdomain more ready.

For convenience, we may also provide the public data at some point as a
single huge download file that anyone can use for statistical analysis on
ownership of sets or for other potentially useful/interesting applications.

--Todd