 Announcements / 1758
1757  |  1759
Subject:
LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:58:21 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I'm proud to annouce my first LEGO CAD program called LPub.  LPub stands for
LEGO Publisher.  It is designed to automatically produce step by step
building instructions from your LDRAW format designs.  It uses L3P, POV-Ray
and MEGA-POV (if you have it installed) to create beautiful back and white
or color images of your design.  LPub can also produce web pages that walk
you through the sequence of assembly steps.

I developed LPub while working on a step by step building instruction book
for Syngress Publishing.  Miguel Agullo (a.k.a technicpuppy), Soren
Rolighed, Hideaki Yabuki and I used the original LPub to develop this book
http://www.syngress.com/catalog/sg_main.cfm?pid=2272.  Syngress is currently
using LPub to develop two more step by step construction books based on the
RIS and Ultimate Builders Sets.

Here are some LPub highlights:
  - Supports sub-assemblies in multiple files or MPD format
  - Can produce step by step images or full assembly images
  - Can produce JPEG or Windows Bitmap construction step images
  - Supports ghosting out of previous steps' parts in construction images
  - Supports MLCAD rotation steps
  - Automatically produces part list image for each step
  - Produces web pages in two formats (step per page or tabular)
  - Graphics user interface to most L3P options
  - Graphics user interface to many POV-Ray options
  - Graphics user interface to MEGA-POV's edge find facility
  - Supports LDR, DAT and MPD files
  - Can create MPD files from top level LDR file
  - Can extract LDR and DAT files from MPD file
  - Tested on Windows 98, WIndows 2000 Pro and Windows XP

Feel free to try it.  Download it at http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/LPub

Kevin Clague