 Announcements / 1699
1698  |  1700
Subject:
Ice Planet 2002 Contest Winners!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:31:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hey Y'all:

It's been a great contest and I have enjoyed my part in the event as it
unfolded. I would like to thank Curt Tigges, Tom Sciortino, and Jude
Beaudin for all of their help with the various administrative chores
concerning the contest.

The official contest page is available here:
http://www.ozbricks.net/iceplanet/Iceplanet2002/index.htm

I congratulate our winners and thank everyone for their participation.
Really, everyone who entered the contest is a winner (well, except for the
one guy we disqualified for failure to vote!) -- but your peers did select a
few of you as standouts.

The Winners!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cat I - Frostbite Hoverbike (43 pieces) - Chris Maddison
Cat II - Glacial Spike (99 pieces) - Adrian Drake
Cat III - Icesykal Rapid Transport Vehicle (104 pieces) - Gil Shaw
Cat IV - Bison Glacial Defense Vehicle (203 pieces) - Gil Shaw
Cat V - Ice Superiority Fighter Permafrost (416 pieces) - Gil Shaw
Cat VI - Ice Planet 2002 #1592 variation (600 pieces) - Joseph Williams
Cat VII - BZ-33 Frost Fly (76 pieces) - Tom Sciortino
Cat VIII - Icespeeder (200 pieces) - Jude Beaudin
Cat IX - The Ammonia Sea Scout (317 pieces) - Jeff Jardine
Cat X - C-52 Snowstorm (879 pieces) - Tim Romine

I bow to genius.

-- The Ice Worm

P.S.
Softly, she called down to him: "Hey! Old worm! Was this your design?"
There was no answer but then she had not really expected an answer.