 Announcements / 1122
1121  |  1123
Subject:
Introduction of Lego Fleet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 04:17:37 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Well actually I'm just saying hello, for the better part introducing myself
to everyone here on LUGNET, I'm not sure if this is the best category to
hang out, but it seems to be. Well for those of you who haven't received an
e-mail from me saying something like Nice Lego Site, or Hi I'm the Lego
Fleet dude, guess what, I'm the Lego Fleet dude some of you may have seen on
Jain's Guide (bless that site). My site basically plays host to a group of
minifigs who were once adventurous and super strong (imagine a minifig
bodyslamming Starscream the transformer and killing him) but have become
weak now. So they've built new stuff to help defend themselves and the town
(on the planet Vannon which also happens to be my house). Primarily, they've
built a lot of mechs, or mecha as it is commonly referred to on
LUGNET.Anyway I've probably got one thing on most of my ships that all of
you might think me childish for. I never actually bothered to try to make my
ships anyspecific color. I'm a bit of an impatient builder and I'm also not
exactly making my own cash for source of bricks, primarily because I'm a
young teenager. Although not without their financial fiascos, the AFOLs out
there are lucky. So continuing on I'm hoping I might have previously
mentioned the fact that I have eleven original mechs, each with their own
unique style of combat from giant swinging arms, to large claws, and even
impaling followed by a sonic boom to the gut. My first line of mechs were
absolutely horrible, they'd break easily and only had joints at the
shoulders and waist. The first 7 of my second line were also experiencing
the same problem for the most part, most of the arms were okay. However when
I got to the 9th mech(my eighth being a lego company model) I finally built
a decent mech with some knees. Unfortunately I used it for evil, however
then I built another even cooler mech driven by a femme fatale (forgive my
spelling if that's wrong) which had knees and a swiveling hip! Then I went
one step further and built a dude who had 12 points of articulate alone in
his arms! However I was out of good joint pieces at the moment so the leg
system really stunk, but I'm close to resurrecting that situation. Also I've
modified older mechs to have some neato stuff, mainly giving them knees. My
site is still way under construction, but I should be steadily pulling in
more pics of my stuff, and my storyline just keeps going and going, and it's
getting good at themoment so anyway my lego site is
http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/mysterio/legofleet/legofleet.html (make sure to
check out the Swinger 2 report in the vehicles section if you go to check it
out) and be sure to visit Pete's Page of Random, the base site, and
http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/mysterio. Good Day, and Good building.