 Ambassadors / 300
Re: What's going on with all the back-ordered sets???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:54:30 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Patrick Bégin wrote:

Nevermind this thread. I spoke with Joe Meno and he has given me some potential scenarios as to why the sets I am interested in are back-ordered.

Thanks, Dave

It would be great if you could share with others your findings...

Hopefully, Joe doesn’t mind me posting and paraphrasing his info. He could only speculate, but his thought was that we recent back-order problems were related to...

1. Outsourcing - since the brick production (but not Technic or Bionicle) is moving out of Billund, there have been supply issues. The outsourcing has been delayed because of the issues.

2. Distribution - The big box stores have a given allotment of sets required from the LEGO Group. While not sure how Shop at Home and Brand Retail is set up in distribution, business-wise it’s best to fill orders with outside vendors first, and internal orders second.

3. Production - Looking at the LEGO website and what is on backorder, outside of the Market Street, the sets that are out of stock at the moment appear to have one thing in common - they appear to have brown parts. So they might be short of brown parts at this time. It’s a goofy connection, but a valid one. There could be other issues too.

He also felt that TLG and S@H would be ramping up production and making sure to have good stock for the holiday season. As always, if you NEED it by X-mas...order early. :-) All of what he came up with makes sense and time will tell whether stock improves as we approach the holiday season.

-Dave