 Adventurers / 993
Re: Crimson Skies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:52:20 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Jeff Johnston writes:

Michael Nelson wrote:

Has anyone heard of the computer game Crimson Skies that is supposed to come
out this fall?  It looks really cool, it is set in the 1930's and the
airplanes are neat.  I'm gonna try and make some in Ldraw but there aren't
many pictures yet just these
http://www.microsoft.com/games/crimsonskies/gallery_planes.asp

If it's the same Crimson Skies that I've heard of, it's also a
boardgame/wargame put
out by FASA (makers of Battletech & Shadowrun).  You might try looking around
their website at:

http://www.fasa.com/CrimsonSkies/index.html

for more pictures.

Wow!  I've seen the miniatures of the various planes and almost bought them
just on coolness factor.  If there's a video game coming out I'll have to get
it (well, depending on gameplay.  I'm kinda fussy).

Still, seeing some of these alternate-WWII planes in Lego would be really neat.
Maybe I'll have to give some of thema go as well...

There was a comic book a while back (2-3 years) called "Luftwaffe 1948" that
was a kind of alternate-history story where the Luftwaffe had planes so
advanced that WWII dragged on past it's normal timeframe.  You might want to
seek out some of those books, too, if this kind of plane design really excites
you.

eric