 Adventurers / 2382

Subject:
The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 22:58:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

On 2007-06-19, Jonathan Lopes juanito11217@yahoo.com wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Elroy Davis wrote:

   Hopefully they’ll create a decent fedora.

There is an image on http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?act=home showing Indy. I don’t know if it is final, but it looks cool.

Strangely enough, I started planning the project below not long before the announcement for the official sets came and soon got frustrated over not having the right hat :/ However, the new one seems just perfect!

So, here is my small contribution to the Indiana Jones universe, the Ark of the Covenant:

Since it was hard to get a clear view on how the whole Ark should look like, even from a DVD, I used as the reference the wonderful golden model shown at indyprops.com.

I started with the big version, since it gave me the possibility for more details (adding 1x1x2/3-slopes to the sides would have given an even nicer shape, but I didn’t have them at the moment). I soon realized it was way out of scale and tried to make a smaller one. Although less detailed and still a bit too big, I am much more happy with it. The wings on the kneeling angels should be closer though (all four of them should ideally meet in the middle), but I still haven’t find a nice way to do it.

As always, any suggestions for improvements are more than welcome :)

Cheers, Matija

P.S. Sorry to come so late with a followup, I was waiting for some crucial parts to complete the Ark. In the meantime, a new picture became available on the abovementioned Eurobricks forum, for those of us who don’t follow it regularily.

FuT lugnet.adventurers

Re: The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)