 Administrative / Suggestions / 1634
Re: Mail-to address "improper" according to Juno webmail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:12:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Michael Horvath wrote:
Hi!

I'd like to notify you that the default mail-to address when replying to
authentication messages are deemed improper by Juno webmail. When replying to an
authentication message, the Ajax software automatically pastes this into the
send-to field:

news-authentication@lugnet.com (LUGNET Server)

However, it doesn't like the part in parentheses. I always have to trim this
part if I want to send the message. Is this a problem with the mail software or
something you can fix?

-Mike

Hi Mike,

apparently your mail client expects the more modern address format of "name"
<address@domain.com>

I have changed the script so that the sender is now:

From: "LUGNET Server" <news-authentication@lugnet.com>

This appears to be standard with all current email clients - the old formatting
should of course still work, but we all know that the greatest thing about
standards is that there are so many of them...

Please let me know if this works for you. If it does (and on the other hand I do
not get reports that other clients fail now - though testing with Outlook,
Thunderbird and Apple Mail and Googlemail should be fairly reliable), I'll
modify other scripts to use the newer address formatting - at least where
reasonably necessary.

Hope I could help,

Jerry