 Administrative / NNTP / 17
Re: Streaming news client (Java) on Sourceforge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 16:55:10 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hey all,

I've made semi-huge changes to my streaming news client.  This new release is
0.2 Beta.  (1)

New stuff includes:

  - You can post without needing a browser; this app will use the HTTP
interface for now.
  - More user-defined preferences, including quote character and
quote-starter-string-thingy (call it what you want ;-).
  - Again, this is mostly GUI changes; I've made just minimal changes to the
Listener client, which you can use in your own LUGNET streaming news client or
spooler.
  - Tested against Blackdown Java 1.2.2 RC4 on Linux.  :-)  :-)  :-)

This is a 100% Java application.  You don't need any external libraries or Web
browsers to enjoy it.

Check it out here:  http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=5090

An easier-to-remember URL:  http://jfclugnetclient.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Don't let the low version number worry you; it's fairly robust and almost
feature-complete.

Never leave a ferret to do a bunny's job.
  - Bun Bun