 Administrative / General / 9087
Re: Upcoming system changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:35:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Disclaimer:  This message was posted on april fools day and may not be of an
entirely serious nature.

Hm, that was really scary!!! I'm glad I did read it to the end too. But I
hope that Todd may clarify somepoints, now that April Fools Day is over! The
disclaimer only says:

"...may not be of an entirely..."

which still includes the possibility that some of these changes were real! I
don't wish to see anything of this turning out to be true, but I'd feel
better if Todd could clarify and tell us that nothing of the things he
announced is going to happen! Although I knowthe information was false,
there are still some things I don't understand:

- The domain www.leg-godt.net does excist and it looks like it would be
related with the company Suzanne D. Rich used to (or still does?) work for.
I wonder if there are any serious plans about that domain.

- Why has the disclaimer been formed so carefully? Why not just a "none of
the above is going to happen". Instead, we only get: "might not be true",
which still leaves the conclusion open that some of these things ARE true!

Now, I start to hate April 1st too! I was really looking forward to some
good MOC sets and stuff like that, but instead - only confusing
announcements that end up being more confusing than funny!

Todd, I know it's been a joke and I was laughing when I noticed that I fell
into it for a second. However, could you post a reply and clarify the
disclaimer so that it says: "NONE OF THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!" I'd feel a
lot better then, thanks!

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de