 Administrative / General / 8011
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:43:34 GMT

"Matthew" <moulton@hscis.net> wrote in message
news:39ef2b6f.1375076@news.lugnet.com...

[snip]
However I am
not sorry for what my actions caused.  Yes I was rude, yes I was
brash, yes I was opinionated, what did it bring?  A closer look at
yourselves.

While that is the truth, I think that there was way too much attacking on
your part going on.  Nevertheless, as you said, you were out to prove a
point, and in a sense, thanks to a few people here, we have been able to
look at ourselves.

I'm not going to lie to you, many people do not see me as
a nice person, I try to get people to think differently and sometimes
my methods are very fringe.  Did I deserve to get banned?  In your
minds I'd have to say yes.

I would say that on Tuesday night, you needed to be banned because there was
no end in sight.  I know that many people were very upset by your comments
(I had some AIM conversations and some phone conversations about it) and at
the very least we all needed some time to cool off.  Whether you can show
that you can behave in the future or not is up to you, and whether you can
be accepted here in the future is up to everyone here.

I think that perhaps I hit a little too
close to home...in fact I think I hit it right on.  I knew what such
an action could bring, it was my choice, I have to face the
consequences for it.

You hit right on, but were your methods too harsh?  I think that they were.
But oh well, its water under the bridge now.

Ask yourselves this though, did you want me
banned because I attacked Jude, or did you want me banned because of
my harsh opinions?

The obvious answer is your harsh opinions.  Your insult to Jude was just the
beginning of a whole tirade of opinions attacking a few long standing
institutions within the community which people know and love, and feeling
indignant about it.

Well, lets move on.  If you can prove yourself and this discussion goes
well, I probably won't have a problem with you being allowed back into the
community.  Still, it all depends on others' feelings here.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne

Re: My Stance