 Administrative / General / 7993
    Re: Partsref Update —Steve Bliss
   (...) The funny thing is, it's taking longer to convert from BMP24 to GIF than it did to render the images in the first place... ImageMagick gives better compression than Paint Shop Pro (not sure why that is...), but IM seems to be an order of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Partsref Update —Todd Lehman
   (...) I wonder if it has something to do with the image sizes being so small -- that the overhead of firing up IM for each image is the bottleneck. Under FreeBSD the executable I got when I compiled IM was 2.5MB(!) and I seem to remember it also (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Partsref Update —Steve Bliss
   (...) Heh. Maybe. It might also have to do with me trying to run it in the background on a Win98 machine. I moved it over to an old P166 with NT4, and it's going much faster. Unfortunately, the P166 doesn't have enough disk space for all the BMP (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Partsref Update —Mike Stanley
   (...) You know, if you could script this us so I could run it I would be happy to let it run on any number of my available PIII machines with scads of diskspace. In fact, with just a little time and effort I could rig up a remote controllable (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Partsref Update —Steve Bliss
   (...) At this point, it's all over but the zipping. But I do plan on making some improvements, so it can be done as a delta-process, instead of rerunning the whole show for each parts update. I also plan on packaging it up, so anyone can run it. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)