 Administrative / General / 6473
Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:07:10 GMT

Thanks for the above data points.  How badly did it fail them by?

Pretty badly - I know they were all worthless.  I didn't really pay attention
to the numbers.  I think they were as low negatively, though, as the "first
leter from each word in a sentence" was positively, though.

Did you catch this post from Monday?--

  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=6459

Yep.

What threshold number was below the all the number returned for the ones you
tried that it failed?  Would a threshold of, say, 50 (instead of the current
100) pass all of the ones that it's currently failing?  Would a threshold of
-100?

I think they were all < -100.  Just tried one of them, and it was -138.