 Administrative / General / 6469
Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 02:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
[...]
I've fed it almost every password I've ever used, some of which took more
than a day on a P2 for l0phtcrack to brute-force, and it failed them all.
[...]
I've got a password or three now that it passes, taking a tip from your
"first letter of each word of a sentence" comment.  But I don't see them
as any better than the multitude it failed.
[...]

Thanks for the above data points.  How badly did it fail them by?

Did you catch this post from Monday?--

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=6459

What threshold number was below the all the number returned for the ones you
tried that it failed?  Would a threshold of, say, 50 (instead of the current
100) pass all of the ones that it's currently failing?  Would a threshold of
-100?

(The threshold is just a number on a scale -- that scale can be adjusted.)

--Todd