 Administrative / General / 6342
Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:49:56 GMT

Richard Parsons skrev i meddelandet ...
Todd Lehman wrote a bunch of worthy stuff about the rating system.

5.  Have you ever felt victimized indirectly by seeing someone else's post
get a high rating?  How often?

Good grief no.  I can't understand how I could feel that.  What, jealous of
someone else's apparent success?

If that's how you see the ratings ("someone else's success"), I think the
system should be turned off at once. I thought the ratings were supposed to
help find readworthy (is that a word?) posts, not signaling 'success' or
'failure' to individuals!

[Side remark]
The lugnet traffic seems heavily skewed into .admin right now, in this
download I found only one group with more than 10 messages since my last
download (about 16 hours ago) - guess which one!
(Of course, this observation is based on the 19 groups I read, not all of
lugnet)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm