 Administrative / General / 6246
Re: New feature for messages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.council, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:47:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Erin Windross <e-windross@home.com> wrote:
text. A member of Lugnet, not happy with his/her post could click on it and it
would allow him/her to go to the post message page where he/she would have to
type in his/her passsword. Then it would allow them to go to the message box
screen where the original text of the message would be shown, then the member

I think this is a bad idea -- it just tends to cause confusion. I could post
something making fun of you, and then when you reply with something else, I
can go back and edit my insults to be an inoffensive post about 2x3 bricks.

Of course, that's an extreme example, but you get the idea. Discussion fora
are about dialog, and if people are continually revising what they said
earlier, it destroys that.

(By the way, if you really need to get rid of something you said, you can
always cancel your message, which works better here than on usenet, although
still isn't perfect.)

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/