 Administrative / General / 6233
Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:33:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

A couple more thoughts:

- Anytime you have a way to compare reactions about things, there is
opportunity for people to feel that their contribution wasn't valued.
Note that we have someone currently bummed out that they got a lukewarm
reaction to their web site.

- Any "scoring" system without feedback will be frustrating. I have to
admit that I'm curious as to why my post to lugnet.admin.terms about
"where is Waldo" posts got a high rating by one person, but has had no
(seeing the discussion here, I do know why the postings of mine which
got low ratings got them).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com