 Administrative / General / 6171
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:22:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

Perhaps you should just delete the ones you don't like?

Partly for clarification, and partly because I have a little sypathy for your
assertion that it is 'cowardly' to rate low without explanation - I rated your
post as '10'.

i)   Posts aren't 'deleted' from the system.
ii)  Some posts are cancelled, but only with the express permission of the
author.
iii) Even if the LUGNET admin did exercise editorial control (which it doesn't,
possibly for legal reasons among others), I am 100% sure that they wouldn't
delete posts they didn't like, or disagreed with.

With that in mind it is very close to '0' - a "worthless, should never have
been written" rating - the suggestion is useless to the LUGNET admin. But I did
give it '10', because you do highlight a fear that I think probably does exist
within the community - hence the clarification :)

Richard