 Administrative / General / 5797
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 02:05:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Which clearly means Todd's sw knows articles we've read, if we've rated them.
Let's extend that to knowing ALL articles we've read. That enables a lot of
better browsing options. I would be willing to somehow mark articles as read
(if we can figure out an easy way) even if I decided against rating them...

As I said a while back if you show me a tree(nested all, not the dots tree)
view it may be reasonable to assume i read the whole tree even if I didn't
rate all the articles

I was thinking about this the other night a bit, and I think it could be made
to work.  If you're willing to have it assume that you'll read anything it
shows you, and you're willing to have a "mark unread" button, then that could
end up being a lot faster than having to explicitly mark things read one by
one.  (Kinda like the theory on setting a simple digital alarm clock -- one
fast-forward button and one slow-backward button.)

And I never did hear back about whether there was an upper bound on ability
to rate nested all trees... or else i forgot

Say again?  (I remember the other subthread but what do yo umean by "to rate
nested all trees" and "upper bound on"?)

--Todd