 Administrative / General / 5612
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:01:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

To aid browsing, each news article now carries a rating in the range 0 • (low)
to 100 (high).

...just my opinion

I think the score has little value without knowing how many people have read
the post and have chosen not to vote - it could be argued (not by me) that
these readers should register an automatic 50 score as they did not care
either way?

Furthermore, while I acknowledge the system is still in its early days of
use, I can't help thinking it is all very subjective. Take this post as an
example :

http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=5150

It has a current score of 25 (one vote of nil):
http://www.lugnet.com/news/rating-graph.cgi?lugnet.market.auction:5150

I can see nothing wrong with it. I can't see why somebody has got worked up
to vote nil for it? Additionally, I think quoting anything more than the
number of votes and the score is distracting.

....just my opinion.

Scott A