 Administrative / General / 5576
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:42:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:29:47 GMT, "Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net>
wrote:

And how secure is that?

Depends on the location.  Clearly, as both you and Mike are capable of pointing
out, there are inappropriate places to use that tactic in.  That just means
there are places you can access Lugnet from that you can't use all the features
from, that's all.  I don't see this as being as big a deal as you do,
apparently.  It has no control over reading or posting.
^^^^^^^
That's actually a bad thing, imo.  I don't know when this changed (and
sometimes I am glad it did) but I don't really like the fact that I
can post AS ME from any machine simply by typing in my name and e-mail
address.  I _think_ this is true, as I've wiped out various machines I
use and been able to post without any sort of verification process.  I
think you _should_ have to sign in to post via the web interface.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html