 Administrative / General / 5531
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 05:44:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Salm writes:
I really want the ability to set my own password.

Probably there will be a way to set an additional password to use on top of
the main password as a simple sign-in/sign-out layer, or to choose one of
several machine-generated passwords.

I've lost my password
somewhere and don't have a prayer of remembering what it is. SO I can't
rate my articles 100 and Todd's 0 until I either find it again or get my
pw set to something easy for me to remember (but impossible for anyone
else to get right)
Larry Pieniazek

So I suppose Todd is going to have to call you on the telephone again to
give you your password.

By design, that is impossible.  There is no way to look up Larry's password
because it isn't stored anywhere!  What's stored instead is a one-way
encryption of his password (much safer).  However, I could generate Larry
a new password and call him on the phone with that.

--Todd