 Administrative / General / 1471
Re: LEGOLand newsgroups?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.dk.rb.bil, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.uk.en.bk.win, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:52:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, carorvan@aol.com (Mark Herzberg) writes:
I was thinking, why not make LEGOLand newsgroups? I think they'd be
great and a nice place to discuss anything and everything about LEGOLand.
In my opinion, there should be a legoland.general, leogland.billund,
legoland.windsor, legoland.california, legoland.germany, and legoland.
florida. The latter two for any further annoucements regarding the
planning/construction of those parks (though I know LEGOLand Florida has
not been announced at all, it has been continually mentioned in newspapers
and even here on the local news). What does everyone else think?

[Crossposted to lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.dk.rb.bil, lugnet.loc.uk,
lugnet.loc.uk.en.bk.win, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf,
lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.de, and lugnet.general for more visibility --
with followups set to lugnet.admin.general]

What do people in the local areas think about Mark's suggestion?

How about people not in the local areas (San Diego, Windsor, Billund, etc.)?

Names for the groups, if they were created, might go like this:

   lugnet.legoland             - General discussions (not park-specific)
   lugnet.legoland.billund     - Billund, Ribe, Danmark (the original!)
   lugnet.legoland.windsor     - Windsor, Berkshire, England, U.K.
   lugnet.legoland.california  - Carlsbad, California, U.S.A.
   lugnet.legoland.deutschland - Deutschland (Germany)
   lugnet.legoland.florida     - Florida, U.S.A.

Specific questions:

1)  What city in Germany will/might the new LEGOLAND be located?  Would its
    official name be LEGOLAND Germany, LEGOLAND Deutschland, or LEGOLAND
    Xyz, where Xyz is the name of the city?

2)  Same question basically for LEGOLAND Florida.

(LL Deutschland and LL Florida could certainly be skipped and just leave the
other three, if there's no real info on them yet.)

--Todd