 Administrative / General / 14090
Re: Weird issue signing in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 17:53:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
I seem to be having weird issues signing in to Lugnet.

When I go to the sign-in page, it displays the ID/password fields, but also has
"Ross, you are already signed in. Did you want to sign out?" at the top, when
I'm definitely signed out.

In IE9 I can then sign-in OK, but in FF4 I get a page saying "There is some good
news and some bad news.

The good news:

    Your password was accepted.
    A cookie containing your member number and password (scrambled) was sent to
your browser.

The bad news:

    Your browser seems to have rejected the cookie. LUGNET cannot authenticate
you without this cookie.

The net result:

    You still are not signed in. Please check your browser's configuration
settings and try again. Perhaps you have disabled browser cookies, or perhaps
your computer's internal clock is not set correctly."

I have confirmed my clock is correct, and cookie settings seem fine (the cookie
is actually getting created) but Lugnet treats me as logged out.

Anyone else experiencing this?

ROSCO

Yes, you are the third person in the last two weeks that have mentioned it to
me.  Both of the others are also long time Lugnet posters and shouldnt, but are,
having difficulties posting.

I personally think you should send this letter directly to Gereon Stein, because
I dont think anyone is monitoring this forum on much of a regular basis.

Cheers,
Janey "Red Brick"
http://brickfete.com/