 Administrative / General / 14059
Re: Chopped of message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:24:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Michael Huffman wrote:
I just posted something to lugnet.announce:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3866

On the web, the 2nd to the last bullet items says:

"Organizers of the boat race are not responsible for any water damage or loss.
Contestants enter the competition entirely at their own risk. If you are using a
NXT/RCX in your boat construction, remember to keep the brick"

Hi Mike,

it appears that the cause was a pretty minor formatting error: The last line in
the respective bullet point lacked the two-blank indentation that all the other
lines had.

After inserting the missing indentation, the message displays fine on the web. I
am not immediately able to say why this would cause that much of a difference,
but apparently it did.

Anyway, issue fixed in this case - if I find the time I'll try some posts on
off-topic.test in order to find out why this happens and what to do about it
(other than fixing affected posts manually...)

Regards,

Jerry