 Administrative / General / 13566
Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:34:14 GMT

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

this is in reply to all mails I received regarding news2mail subscriptions
(i.e.
newsgroup subscriptions as direct delivery via email - not digests, those
seem
to have worked all the time):

I have found the error, repaired the script and everything should run fine
from
now on. I cannot guarantee that everything that was posted in the meantime
gets
resent, but new posts should nonetheless.

If you still encounter issues, please let me know.

One issue I've had in the past with, as an example, has been posting to the
lugnet.robotics newsgroup, and then getting spammed by the recipient
whenever the lugnet news article cannot be forwarded to someone who has an
overfull mailbox in vacation mode bouncing messages to me.

I report these misdirected bounce emails as spam, as there's nothing at all
I can do about them.  And I don't want to receive them.  LUGNET needs to
show itself as the authenticated from, sender, and reply-to adresses on all
mail to news gateway emails if they wish to prevent these misdirected emails
from coming to my inbox.

I'm hoping the LUGNET admins can fix the problem with messages being
forwarded incorrectly so that they can deal with the problem overfull mail
box, and leave me in peace.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde