 Administrative / General / 12568
Re: Update please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:13:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
Dear Todd, Lenny, Frank, Kelly, Matt and Lar,

It has been around three weeks since I have posted to Lugnet, and because
of my self imposed suspension I have been waiting for the new policies
re: this post..... http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12546  and
here..... http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12506 and/or updated
(or at least contained in one place) TOU.

I am anxiously awaiting to return to my regular posting habits.  I was
under the impression that these new changes were already near completion
and I am wondering if we can have date of when they will be implemented
or at least posted for discussion (if that, indeed is the route you plan
on taking).  The resent events that brought most of this to head, are
nothing more than a fleeting moment but I can assure you, some of us are
actually waiting on this, and a bit of a time frame would facilitate the
postponement.   Thank you so much for your time.

Janey "Red Brick"

We appreciate your concern and that of the other LUGNET members who have
spotlighted your post. Your desire is understandable, your honesty in
bringing this up for attention is appreciated, and your tactfulness in the
way you bring it up is greatly appreciated as well.

We are not as far along as we would like to be, which we regret. However
we hope to give a Policies and Procedures document to a review committee
very soon. We have already identified some members of that committee,
including yourself as you already know, but we would be interested in
hearing from other respected members of the LUGNET community that might be
willing to give some thoughtful feedback on the document and help us make LUGNET
a better place.

We don't yet have a guaranteed timeline for this but we are working hard to
launch the committee by the end of this week and I am optimistic that we will
achieve that goal.

Larry Pieniazek
LUGNET member #5
LUGNET Transition Team Member
On behalf of the LUGNET Administration Team