 Administrative / General / 11464
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:39:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Thorn wrote:
   Now, that all said, I would pose a question: how many people do you think are really going to take the time to spam LUGNET with off-topic links? There are links pages all over the place (BrickLink, for example) that don’t get spammed.

Well I know that there are some goof balls who take the time to use MichLUG.org’s contact form to spam us MichLUGers. So if someone is willing to waste their time on that I can only assume the same would be true of a much larger site like LUGnet.

On a related note, I remember a few years back where there were problems with inappropriate material showing up on Brickshelf. Now while I agree moderation can be a pain there, at least the site is kid-safe. So I’m for the moderation on the links and I think it will be smooth and quick. There will be volunteers who would be willing to donate their time to making sure it works.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG