 Administrative / General / 11431
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:28:57 GMT

How about a page that we create ourselves out of options that are kept ion a cookie? Let me explain. The first time you come to Lugnet, you get a general page welcoming you and with a clear menu to personnalize the front page. When you go to the “edit front page” menu, you select which features you want, like let’s say a random link, a given umber of links to other LEGO websites, a random image of a model, a moc, etc. People would be “forced” to keep the highlighted news feature and some other LUGNET functionnalities, but a big part of the page could be personnalized easily by checking checkboxes, etc.

This would make of Lugnet THE main page for anyone, since we all could link it to our favorite LEGO pages. I don’t like Bionicles, so away goes BZPower links. I like Space on the other hand, so here comes the .space news and links to Classic-Space and other space websites. Heaven for AFOLs!

LMKWYT!

Terry