 Administrative / General / 11364
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:21:49 GMT

Hi!

Some quick thoughts;

- Something on the mainpage must keep changing, todays system with hot posts is
good. A poll might do.

- Better info on how to start posting vs. becomming a member. I know Todd had
some thoughts on this earlier that sounded great!

- CLSotW should stay, either weekly or monthly. There are enough material for
weekly but the time to really review sites before voting suggest less
freqvently? Everybody should be able to vote, not just members.

- If different languages could be applied it would be awesome! I'm game for the
Swedish translation.

- The frontpage should remain simple and clean. Perhaps remove the ng-shortcuts
and add the links to other sites in the "hub". How do we single out these? If
Lugnet is to be a true hub (apart from an excellent community) perhaps the Hot
Topics should go to? How about displaying the three hottest topics in various
forums? It if can be done automagically.

- Possible improvements to the forum:
  + Ability to view replies to your own posts in a simple way
  + Keep the dots-tree! It's not an improvement but a must in my book :)
  + Some way to start reading where you left off, even if you change computers
  + Perhaps some way to display the dot's to the right instead of "Active treads
in..." as an option. Can come in handy in large treads above the 100-dot's mark.

- Perhaps Todd can write something that guarantees someone else may take over
Lugnet is this would need to happen. This sounds like the most important thing
about The Other Sugeestions™.

Work calls, I'll be back :)

--
Best regards,