 Administrative / General / 11342
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:14:29 GMT

Hey,

WOW! A new LUGNET site! :> This is GREAT. I like the one that is hear but a change can be good! Out of curiosity, what brought upon these interesting thoughts of changing the site?

I design websites often, well actually almost everyday I am working on one. (I have yet to make my own, lol) But I have a good idea of what a website should be like. I am not sure if anyone else does this, but anyway... One of the first things I do is actually draw it on paper. Then I choose what theme colors it will use, that it depends on what the website is about. And after that it’s all fun and games. (right, lol)

Perhaps someone has already said this but, if you do a complete redesign then you should have a link to the new site from this site. Then we can decide which one is better, preview the site, and pick out all the bugs before it is used? Just a suggestion or maybe you were going to do this anyway.

The site should be HSI (High Speed Internet) friendly and LSI (Low Speed Internet) friendly. This also means only one site, not two, i.e. one for Flash and one for others. This makes some people feel left out and can cause loss of site traffic.

Thanks for the opportunity to have input!

Erik Bush