 Administrative / General / 11331
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:00:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:

schnipp
   Accordingly, I would like to task the community to come up with a brand new homepage for LUGNET.

schnapp
   --Todd

I’d rather like to see some more add-ons to the LUGNET newsgroups and a new frontpage than a complete redesign. The design of the newsgroups is excellent in both ways: graphical and functional.

Possible add-ons:

An improved rating system for news: Ratings from 0-10 (like your PDX Photo Gallery); graphically display rating to each news; link the ratings to the author as well: when an author always gets high ratings for his postings it will be very likley that a new message by him will be interesting again. Now combine this with some content based and collaborative filtering and generate a personal LUGNET homepage (first-/front-page) for each member/visitor.

Maybe this new frontpage could be made customizeable by each member

The combination of a LUGNET frontpage and brickshelf’s recent top viewed (most rated would be even better) pictures would be great

I’d also like to see some more polls and be able to create them. I really enjoy the polls on fbtb and I guess so does LEGO® :)

The CLSotW is a wonduerful idea. I think it’s an honor if your sites gets this title. It’s an incentive for everyone to put up high qualitiy sites and mocs. If I remember correctly the only problem is/was that only logged in members are able to vote.

Logging in and posting procedures should be made easier/faster when reading the newsgroup and posting to them via webbrowser

Maybe this all means a complete redesign ?! To wrap it up: the newsgroup is great but the frontpage needs some more action!

This is a schleiming good page ! ->dö