Re: Crimson Skies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:52:20 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Jeff Johnston writes:

Michael Nelson wrote:

Has anyone heard of the computer game Crimson Skies that is supposed to come
out this fall?  It looks really cool, it is set in the 1930's and the
airplanes are neat.  I'm gonna try and make some in Ldraw but there aren't
many pictures yet just these
http://www.microsoft.com/games/crimsonskies/gallery_planes.asp

If it's the same Crimson Skies that I've heard of, it's also a
boardgame/wargame put
out by FASA (makers of Battletech & Shadowrun).  You might try looking around
their website at:

http://www.fasa.com/CrimsonSkies/index.html

for more pictures.

Wow!  I've seen the miniatures of the various planes and almost bought them
just on coolness factor.  If there's a video game coming out I'll have to get
it (well, depending on gameplay.  I'm kinda fussy).

Still, seeing some of these alternate-WWII planes in Lego would be really neat.
Maybe I'll have to give some of thema go as well...

There was a comic book a while back (2-3 years) called "Luftwaffe 1948" that
was a kind of alternate-history story where the Luftwaffe had planes so
advanced that WWII dragged on past it's normal timeframe.  You might want to
seek out some of those books, too, if this kind of plane design really excites
you.

eric

crimson, skies
(score: 4.205)

Re: Crimson Skies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   Hi Everyone,

A while back I was inspired by the game Crimson Skies. I really liked the alternate history aspect of it and the aircraft designs.

I made some of my own.

Pre Mod:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sortafast/Crimson/BC-3/dscn2198.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sortafast/Crimson/BC-4/dscn2250.jpg

Post Mod:

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator

Love’em. I saw the commerical for CS a couple weeks ago and thought they would make an excellent MOC.....and they did!

I quite like the BC-3..t.the stepped down curved from the the canopy continue the line of it nicely.

Coolio.

Cheers, -G

crimson, skies
(score: 4.205)

Re: Crimson Skies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:54:44 GMT

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sortafast/Crimson/BC-3/dscn2198.jpg

This is sooo cool. I love the color, shape and the real world look of it. You have set off a chain reaction of similar alt-history/universe aircraft designs i have stored in my brain, like “Warriors of the Wind” and Ben Dunn’s great comics.

Pat “no sig fig” Bunn

crimson, skies
(score: 4.205)

Re: Crimson Skies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:27:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jamie Neufeld wrote:
   Well here is my shot at a plane.

From their hidden base in the Rockies of Canada come a band of Air Pirates called: The Northern Knights. They wage combat in the Avro F202 “Tornado” fighter.

Post Mod:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=62988

PLMKWYT and lets see some more planes out there flying the friendly skies :).

Jamie

Awesome! And an Avro to boot! The colours scheme is right on...the checkered bits particularily.

Great stuff Jamie...hopefully Canuck reinforcements from the Queen’s Royal Squardron will soon arrive.... ;)

Cheers, -G

crimson, skies
(score: 4.205)

Subject:
Crimson Skies MOC: The Guardian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:32:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Look! Up in the sky! It’s a peregrin! It’s a maple leaf! No it’s a...

GUARDIAN!

Let a Canuck know what you tink.

Maple syrup,

-Gil

Kudos to those out there that can name the inspiration of both ship and pilot names

crimson, skies
(score: 4.205)

More:  Next Page >>