  *594130 (-10)
Subject:
June Dinner!! Oh its gonna be epic!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2023 20:06:13 GMT

Well, maybe not epic...

June 9th, 2023, We will be here--

Swiss Chalet Dundas St
Etobicoke
@6:30 p.m.

As standard practice (and traffic permitting) --

We usually hit the LEGO store at Sherway before dinner

Hope to see you at either place!

Dave K

Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2023 03:00:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, James Trobaugh wrote:
   I ran across this listing on eBay:

Lego museum. DISPLAY, Statue, and DONATIONS NEEDED

We are going to open a LEGO museum. We need TONS of blocks, displays, and any other lego “stuff” we can come up with. Presenters gain a place in HISTORY. We are selling space on a Plaque that will be put on the front of the building, as well as smaller plaques that will be put in front of individual display items. We are also purchasing LARGE amounts of special items for this project. Those people will not be included in the plaques, but will be put in a buying bio at the computer room (lego games a’ running). We will have a web sight in the NEAR future, and we already have purchased the building (old school house, 36,000 sq.) so we have all the room in the world to do this.

Anyone know anything about this? I’d like to hear more if so.

I stumbled upon this very cool museum a few weeks ago, while traveling for work. They hadn’t yet opened for the season, but luckily my job brought me back to the area a week later, and I was able to take a sprinting tour on my lunch break.

Tons of very cool displays spanning many decades, with an interesting evolution of building styles and parts along the way.

Also, I’m happy to report, the site has a friendly attitude toward competitor brick toys and actually has a number of official Mega sets on display.

I’ll definitely had back for a longer tour when I get the chance, but I was delighted to find this place totally by accident!

--Dave!

Re: Lego 4x2 truck with 16-speed transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2023 03:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.technic, “Ari Holopainen” a77@europe.com wrote:

Lego 4x2 truck 16-speed
   Lego 4x2 truck 16-speed model

Hi, let me introduce my lego 4x2 truck with 16-speed transmission. It’s inspired by DAF XF 95 truck and its ZF Ecosplit transmission. Design is lego technic style with some details but it’s not the look, it’s the transmission: 16-speed heavy duty transmission with very realistic ratio set, use and 2x4x2 design containing range-change unit, main gearbox and splitter. Available real lego truck, full LDraw model with building instructions, transmission LDraw model, descriptions, ratio comparison to real ZF transmission and many more...

Very cool! I don’t have much luck with complex gearing, so I’m always impressed to see it executed well, as you’ve done here.

Dave!

Subject:
Mothers Day Dinner - May 12, 2023
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2023 14:17:39 GMT

Well, a few days before Mother's Day...

May 12, 2023, We will be here--

Swiss Chalet Dundas St
Etobicoke
@6:30 p.m.

As standard practice (and traffic permitting) --

We usually hit the LEGO store at Sherway before dinner

Hope to see you at either place!

Dave K

Subject:
Lego 4x2 truck with 16-speed transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2023 14:24:56 GMT

Lego 4x2 truck 16-speed
   Lego 4x2 truck 16-speed model

Hi, let me introduce my lego 4x2 truck with 16-speed transmission. It’s inspired by DAF XF 95 truck and its ZF Ecosplit transmission. Design is lego technic style with some details but it’s not the look, it’s the transmission: 16-speed heavy duty transmission with very realistic ratio set, use and 2x4x2 design containing range-change unit, main gearbox and splitter. Available real lego truck, full LDraw model with building instructions, transmission LDraw model, descriptions, ratio comparison to real ZF transmission and many more...

Official LEGO IDEAS pages:
-submitted lego idea waiting for supporters, go check here and don’t forget to give support if you like it :-)
My Lugnet profile:
-chapter B. Lego 4x2 truck 16-speed on page My Lego Vehicles
-including description, driving instructions and two optional transmissions
Brickshelf Gallery:
-Lego4x2truck16speed (main folder)
-Building Instructions
YouTube videos:
-Slide show (Lugnet pics edition)
-Upshifting procedure (how to shift manual 16-speed)

Subject:
April 14, 2023 (rtl)Toronto Dinner!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2023 19:37:32 GMT

Into the 4th month of 2023...

The years just go by faster now...

Last month there was a (non)cancellation dinner that at the last minute was
uncancelled...

Sorry about that.

We put our faith into the infrastructure and hoped that the plows were out - and
they were.

Our April dinner should not have the same problem, so almost guaranteed at this
point that there *WILL* be an April dinner...

Swiss Chalet Dundas St
Etobicoke
@6:30 p.m.

As standard practice (and traffic permitting) --

We usually hit the LEGO store at Sherway before dinner.

Take care and stay safe

Dave

Re: March Dinner - Friday, March 10th! (Before AFOL Day!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2023 16:51:07 GMT

In the 'Better to be Safe than Sorry' Dept (1)

I'm going to cancel this dinner as the weather is bad right now.  It could clear
up in a few hours, but the roads'll still be bad.

And, as you know, we're driving in from the Hammer, and that's a fair hike to
begin with...

We'll see you next month!  Sorry for this.

Dave
1 - I miss Mad Magazine so much - the 'old school' MAD - nothing after like
1984...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "David Koudys" <davidkoudys@gmail.com> wrote:
It's taht time again!  Dinner with Josh, Sandy and (we know who you are really
coming to see...) Me!!!

March 10, 2023, We will be here--

Swiss Chalet Dundas St
Etobicoke
@6:30 p.m.

As standard practice (and traffic permitting) --

We usually hit the LEGO store at Sherway before dinner where we will probably be
disappointed  because all the Street Racers sets will be sold out...

Hope to see you at either place!

Dave K

Subject:
March Dinner - Friday, March 10th! (Before AFOL Day!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2023 17:05:16 GMT

It's taht time again!  Dinner with Josh, Sandy and (we know who you are really
coming to see...) Me!!!

March 10, 2023, We will be here--

Swiss Chalet Dundas St
Etobicoke
@6:30 p.m.

As standard practice (and traffic permitting) --

We usually hit the LEGO store at Sherway before dinner where we will probably be
disappointed  because all the Street Racers sets will be sold out...

Hope to see you at either place!

Dave K

Subject:
Valentines Day (not really) (R)etro (T)oronto (L)ego Dinner!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2023 17:42:23 GMT

If you wanna bring me chocolates and a card, I have no problem with that (1)...

But on Feb 10, 2023, My fam and I will be here--

Friday January 13 @ 6:30 p.m.
Swiss Chalet Dundas St
Etobicoke

As standard practice (and traffic permitting) --

We usually hit the LEGO store at Sherway before dinner to fill a PAB cub...

Hope to see you at either place!

Dave K

1 - Not really necessary for attending (2)
2 - But I won't object 'cause you know-chocolate!! Gghghghghahgghahgghhghghhhh
(3)
3 - Homer Simpson drool (4)
4 - Does he still do that in the show? Haven't seen an ep from the past 20
years.... (5)
5 - How many television shows can actually say that you can miss 20 years of
episodes and still have viewed sooooo many fantastically awesome episodes?

Subject:
Reminder - Dinner Tonite!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2023 14:38:04 GMT

Food!! Good company!! Great Conversation!!!

The monthly Retro Toronto Lego Dinner!!

Details-

Friday January 13 @ 6:30 p.m.
Swiss Chalet Dundas St
Etobicoke

We usually hit the LEGO store at Sherway before dinner to fill a PAB cub...

Hope to see you at either place!

Dave K

Skipped 482 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact