 Znap / 144
143  |  145
Subject:
Who is the REAL Susan Williams? (Re: New Motor from Susan W. (was: Bad motor in ZNAP set!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.znap
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:15:59 GMT

This brings up a question many of us don't know the answer to: Who is Susan
Williams? Is she real? Does anyone have a picture of her? Did she embrace the
Dark Side to stay with TLG as long as she has? These and other arcane questions
must be answered! PLEASE!!!! :)

-Dave (who swears that she was his babysitter when he was 2)
http://surf.to/mtron
Home of the M-tron Commandos

In lugnet.znap, Robin Werner writes:
In lugnet.znap, Robin Werner writes:
Just purchased another $20 ZNAP set with the 9V motor. And the motor doesn’t
work and the shaft doesn’t rotate all it does is make a buzzing nose. Has
anybody else had this problem with 9V motors, this is my second bad motor in
two years. I guess I’ll try LEGO Monday...

Just checked the mail today and I found an apology letter with a new 9V motor
form LEGO Consumer Affairs. The letter stated they were sorry learn that I had
a bad motor, etc, etc and was it was hand signed by Susan Williams. I wonder
if Susan Williams is a real person, I have seen this name in LEGO catalogs(1)
since I can remember (back in the 70’s). She has been working for LEGO for a
long time? Oh well all is good now that I have my new motor...

(1) http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1978/c78us/c78us-16.html

Build on...
Robin Werner
GFLTC/GFLUG