 Year / 2002 / 227
Re: 7119 Cloud Car rocks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:11:12 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:Gp19u6.267@lugnet.com...
This is the first Starwars set I've actually built as a set in... well,
since the original sets came out.

It's just so darn cute. And the parts you get are very tasty. What I like
best is that many many of the parts are in the set in multiple quantities
(2, 3, 4 even 6 in some cases) and are very generic parts. The only
exception is the new compound curve pieces.

And what I think is the BEST thing about these new pieces is that they are
SPLIT.

You can go back YEARS and find me ranting about how important it is to • split
compound curve/compound slope pieces so that you can do whatever width you
want. So I'm beside myself with joy about this.

Is there a set that has the curved top center section in red yet?

Yes, there are two red ones in the 4593 Racers set
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4593).

I don't know if the inverse ones exist yet.  I also agree with Larry, the
Cloud Car is the first set I have bought multiples of (4x so far) at regular
price in a long time.  I have been on the look out for 1x2x2 red thin walls
(need four of them to make red versions of the 4536 Blue Hopper) and they
are (were) hard to come by.  The Cloud Car has eight (8) of them!

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot