 Year / 2001 / 771
Re: AW MAN!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:08:51 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Nick Cameron writes:
You know, back when we thought that LEGO would stop the town theme, we said
that even town junior was better than no town at all. Then they realeased Jack
Stone, probably just to annoy us. Dont we hate ourselves now?

Sigh...  Why take Jack Stone to mean that its a bad thing for Town?  Maybe this
is actually a good thing.  Many of us have taken Town Jr. to be TLC
"transition" theme from Duplo to System, now Jack Stone is taking that niche.

Maybe, just maybe, that means that TLC is reworking the System Town theme to be
something a bit more like it was 10 years ago.  I don't have a crystal ball,
maybe you do, but please don't take this as a bad thing right away.  Give TLC a
year or 2 and lets see what happens.

Now I will admit I could care less either way as long as the Bulk offerings in
Windows, Doors, and Slopes continues to expand into different colors, sizes,
and styles.  I do realize there is a collectors market for sets and thats great
so I do hope that the System Town line does expand and grow, but if it
doesn't...

I really do take Jack Stone as a good sign for system, we have started to see
improvement in other themes so hopefully TLC is getting back to making the
things that made us all AFOL's to begin with.

Eric Kingsley