 Year / 2001 / 7
Re: New newsgroups for product line years
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:14:15 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.year.2001, Erik Olson writes:
Todd, when do we get year.2002? (:

Actually that is a pretty good question.  You know that once we have been able
to view the entire 2001 catalog that the speculation for 2002 will start.  I
would suggest adding 2002 sooner rather than later.

   Ditto.  "I shall not be able to dream until I have a newsgroup
   to accomodate my dreaming!"  Were it that imagination could be
   thus turned on and off.  ;)

   In any case, magnificent 2001 lineup from the scans!  (By means
   of starting a conversation...)  I'm especially geeked about the
   expansion of trans-smoke elements, and the apparent rebirth of
   the solid radar dish in the 8x8 variety. (With compatible panels?
   Pinch me, I must be dreaming!)  Of course, this makes me curse
   that I paid through the nose for them just a few months ago.

   What's more, it looks like the way I've imagined the big Space
   Port canopy element--that 6x8x3 blue thing with the bevels--is
   finally being implemented in the Shuttle, with printing over the
   front end so it looks like a sunken cockpit window!  *Most* excellent.
   The only thing I can't be sure of is Watto's Junkyard.  Is that
   the famous round Podracer pod in the background?  And are we
   looking at an expanded light-purple/lavender line of pastel-Belville
   pieces in the "Life on Mars" line?

   Are there other trends people have noticed in 2001, colours or
   types of pieces that have emerged (or re-emerged)?  I'd like
   to hear what people with sharper eyes than mine have to say...

   best,

   Lindsay.nl (who is ecstatic at going home on 19 December, just
   in time for the new sets to appear at Michigan Meijer stores...
   and who can bring some back to the Netherlands for his Dutch
   compatriots!)