 Year / 2001 / 430
429  |  431
Subject:
What happened to the 2000 sets in the 2001 catalog?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 00:51:11 GMT

Anybody notice that LEGO left out a vast majority of LEGO product from the
2001 catalog that was released in the calender year 2000?  There is not a
single Town set shown, the 2000 Star Wars sets are not present, to name a
few.  What happened?  Is it merely that LEGO decided not to print them on
existing pages of 2001 catalogs, were sales slow (not for Star Wars!), or is
LEGO discontinuing these items from their current production lines?  That is
rather scarry to me, if they are discontinued, as most sets pictured have
had *at least* a two year retail/catalog run before they get the axe.  If my
paranoia is true, what does that mean for clearance sales at the end of a
run if the end comes sooner.  Dang, I've been getting the best prices on
stuff that sits on Big K shelves for 2 to 3 years, cut it to a one year
release and they might feel demand is too high to clear out!  PANICK!?!?!?!
I do that a lot, ask my wife...
Seriously, I think that LEGO has some surprise stuff to release in a Spring
2001 catalog "B", perhaps a special Harry Potter Fall Catalog "C?" and the
stuff not appearing in 2001 catalog "A" may just be pushed to the S@H
catalog.  But I wonder if these items are being scaled back from retail
giants like the terrible TRU because TRU has less of a LEGO selection than
in past years.  Any thoughts.
I'll go back to my regular household panicking now.
:o)
Aaron #279
(No relation to Moses, thank you, I only have a sister.  Not a twin, mind you.)