 Year / 2001 / 154
Re: TIE fighter stand?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 03:44:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Radtke writes:
If you look (http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys15.jpg) beneath
the TIE right next to the Stormtrooper there is what looks like one of the
new girder pieces first spotted in the MovieMaker Set (1349).  I saw this
but assumed it was just part of the background.

However, according to FBTB (http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/
10.28.00, 11:59pm) "the set comes with a lift that could also be a stand for
the TIE."   Could be a nice source for new girders while we buy and buy to
stock up on Stormtroopers.

John

I saw this on FBTB as well.  Kind of interesting because the actual TIE
Fighter is supposed to be able to "stand" on its wings (though the Empire is
against it because it allows for independence) and the way TIE fighters are
stored is by being grabbed from above.  The Lego TIE looks like it can stand
on its wings, at least I hope those wings aren't that flimsy.  And I don't
really see how a single girder with some stuff on top can be called a lift.
Though I'm still trying to decide how to make so few stormtroopers seem
scary to Luke and Han...

-Nick