 Year / 2001 / 148
Re: bionicles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 23:42:01 GMT

In article <G32G3K.Kp0@lugnet.com>, "Raphael P. Jacquot"
<sxpert@www.esitcom.org> wrote:

this stuff looks to me like some more japanimation stuff... the names
sound japanese, the story is japanese-like, this is lego's version of
Power Rangers ?

Not Japanese. (The Japanese language has no 'l' sound (it would be
writen 'r'), plus the 'tu' syllable is questionable (it would be
pronounced 'tsu').) Looks more Polynesian to me. And the story sounds
Polynesian.

I think the original Throwbots/Slizers were LEGO's answer to
japanimation mecha. Now they're evolving the idea to be more
multicultural.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@iwaynet.net