 Western/Wild West / 73
Re: Ninja and Castle? What? (was: Re: Future Wild West Possibilities)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:26:29 GMT

Shiri <shirid@hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws Fnoq0K.2Bu@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.western, Arjan Brugman writes:
Shiri <shirid@hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws • FnL6up.CGL@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.western, Frank Filz writes:
[snip]

There is also no interaction between the ninja
and the rest of the castle theme.

Why should there be any interaction between ninja and other castle • sets?
One
is in Japan, the rest is in Europe! How would they meet? (Where would • they
meet? Halfway thru? In Pakistan?  :-)
If anything, I'd think interaction between Fright Knight and Royals. • (In
fact,
I'm planning a story-line about that.)

-Shiri

You've got a reasonable point there, but what I think the other guy meant
was that
Ninja actually should've been a theme of its own.

Actually, I think Frank was just trying to make a point about conflicts - • I
was just picking on one certain sentence. See it in the context:
Frank wrote the following anecdote:

TLC has also shied away from depiction of conflicts that people might • be
sensitive about (notice that wild west shows no conflict between the • whites
and the Indians, the conflict depicted is either cavalry/sheriff • against the
outlaws, or between Indians). There is also no interaction between the • ninja
and the rest of the castle theme.

So you see he was actually saying that TLC was avoiding conflicts, I just
found it funny that Ninjas and Castles could meet :-)

-Shiri

IMHO Ninja just isn't Castle. It's Ninja. It might indeed be the Japanese
equivalent
of European castles, but I completely agree it totally doesn't fit in • with
Castle as a theme.

Now that I read the anecdote, I understand what you were saying.
I kinda misunderstood that one sentence you quoted...

Sorry!  :o)
--
Arjan Brugman
-