 Western/Wild West / 584
Re: ?Best Price 6762 Fort Legoredo?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:55:10 GMT

In lugnet.western, Richard Noeckel writes:
Just a question?
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6762
I'm about to drop *$172.50 Canadian on a 6762  Fort Legoredo.
    I know this is comparably cheaper than buying from
Shop@Home, but does anyone know if a better price exists.

I don’t really wanna take my chances and wait till T‘R’Us has
one of their -twice a year- 20% off Lego sales. Because the shelf
stock of  6762 is fairly limited. I know that Zellers is havin’ a BOGO
sale, but I've never seen a 6762 @ Zellers. And even if they did carry
one, I believe the fine print stipulated that the sale only applies to
Lego $99.99 and under…

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!
I'm really hoppin’ that $172.50 isn’t the best price out there???

        ¤Sincerely,

                      --==RïçhårÐ==--

*it’s 149.99 x .15% (tax)  = $172.49 Can Dollar
Comparatively;
In the U.S $99.99 x 1.56 (exchange rate)
= $155.98 +  about 12 (Shipping) = 167.98

[a $4.51 savings… but I'd have to wait like 2 weeks]

NOT SO!!!  You forgot the GST for ordering from Shop@Home.  They are
a registered "tax collector" of the Canadian Government.  You still need
to calculate .07 additional on the 99.00 plus the $12 (shipping) in US
currency.

BTW, were you still looking for KK Axe Carts???  I bought 4 of them when I
was in the states this weekend.  I also bought an old Amazon Adventure
set, and 2 mindstorm accessory sets (Extreme Creatures and Robosports).
They were on sharp 30% US discount (on sale for $35 US) - probably not
as cheap as some could have bought it, but you can't buy these particular
sets in stores or shop@home anymore.  The RIS 2.0 was also 30% off, which
will be lower when the next version (if and when it) comes out, but that
might be my next purchase, and then I'll be close to being Mindstorm
complete, as far as the sets go.

Ben