 Western/Wild West / 54
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:12:06 GMT

If TLC makes Civil war lego sets its a lose/lose situation. If the dont put
slaves in the sets they they will be blasted for not dipictiing an inportant
part of the civil war. If they do put slaves in the sets the will be blasted
for making the only black minifigs slaves. Its a tough issus for TLC and I
think that it is in their best interest to avoid it.

-Rich
Valid points.  I agree that they will probably not make a Civil War theme
(which I hate to say).  I still think that there is a way to do it tactfully
and respectfully, tho.  Like it was ealier said, you don't have to put slaves
on a battlefield.  I think there would be too much interest in this theme to
just give up on it.

David

  Although I do not believe the civl war is a good war to choose, I dont want
to give up a war theme either. I believe that if lego was to make a war theme
they should make a fictional war, because no matter which war they choose,
every war has feelings attached to them. No matter if it was blacks during the
civil war, or the British during the Revolutionary war.
     Just like every other lego theme TLC should base everything on fiction
not on anything real. Sure some themes have been real, like pirates, but there
was never a "Captain Red Beard" or a Governor Broadside". So I think that you
can have a war but just dont make specific characters or specific wars. That
can do nothing but cause trouble.

-Rich