 Western/Wild West / 48
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:23:26 GMT

In lugnet.western, David Little writes:

I see your point - I know that in Israel nobody learns about the U.S. civil
war in schools, especially not in elementary (the age to which LEGO is
directed- 5 to 12) and I think not in High or Jr. High schools either. I
definitely didn't formally learn about it, I only heard about it from various
sources (Little women and other books which happened to tell about it, asking
parents, etc.)

I don't think TLC would release national war themes, and the only
international wars are the two world wars.
I'm pretty sure TLC won't release those themes either. (my opinion only here)

-Shiri
Do you think that people overseas would buy US Civil War Sets?
I think they would sell really well in the states.  I would love to see Zulu
war Sets too..

Well, I don't know.
They might... I mean, I don't think kids would be really interested in the
background behind the scenes - only in the scenes themselves. Especially if
they don't already know the background.

-Shiri