 Western/Wild West / 451
Re: Cows (and chickens and pigs and fruit oh boy!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 02:24:22 GMT

Greg,
If you can get the scala spicy kitchen set for cheap (I think it's like 12
bucks at shop at home) you can get a roast bird piece with removable legs,
and sausage links to sell to your bbq lovin' minifigs.  I also lifted some
Jam Jars for my General Store, and a wine bottle for my pirates from that
set. The Belville beach accessory set, now finally available in the Us,
comes with starfish and crabs, combined with the Jar Jar clams and also the
decorative fish from the ninja theme, and you've got a seafood resturaunt
too. These Items are a lot easier to get now that there are Lego imagination
centers popping up throughout the country.  I had to buy like 4 millimy's
enchanted cottages from various places to get my carrot and cherry pieces.
The apples in the Accessory pack are pretty big, but I still use them.  My
favorite fruit piece is the banana that was available only at the shell
convenience center, sold only at , not surprisingly, shell stations some
years back.  I bought a couple from baylit, but they were really expensive.
That Belville accessory back has really spruced up my Wild west stuff.  I
bought around 4, and combining the "love letter" tile, with the regular
letter tile, and the packages from Minnies birthday party, and my post
office, and Pony Express rider are really busy!
If Lego hadn't cancelled the "fences and trees" accessory pack, it would be
a lot easier to build ranches.  If you check out Baylit, they guy has a
bunch the wild west / adventurer type fences for sale in White, black, and
brown.  They are even available in pink in some of the paradisa horse
jumping courses.
I can't believe the prices of WW sets on Ebay either.  I guess that it's
pretty hard to find them still boxed here in the US.  Those folks in Alberta
seem to unload about 3 or 4 Legoredo's on ebay per month at around 110 bucks
a pop. I still think that the line was cancelled too soon, and poorly
thought out, I mean what kind of cowboys don't have cows?  Where was the
train?  How about a real, stand alone, stagecoach?  A saloon, a barn, even
an outhouse would have helped.
I've also found it humorous that the Native American Minifigs are the only
ones with noses.  It's a good thing that the sets didn't sell well, or Lego
would have gotten a load of heat about how stereotypically "hooked" those
noses are too!  If only they'd made some wigwams or lodges for the Indian
sets, I mean how exciting can tou make a bunch of rock piles and teepees?
Jon
Still livin in the wild wild west at : www.stickybrix.50megs.com

In lugnet.western, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.western, Greg Perry writes:

Looking at the set it also occurs to me that the chicken would be great for
building a mini-fig scale fried chicken restaurant.  In fact, right across
the street could be the bbq joint with the huge revolving pig statue on top.

Oh yeah! I'm going to go order a couple of these right now.

Done!

While I was at it I went ahead and ordered a couple of the belville
accessory packs that I had only recently noticed in the catalog.  Along with
the corn sign from the duplo farm animals I figure that with the fruit and
vegetables from that pack I could also open up a vegetarian restaurant just
down the street from the chicken shack and bbq joint.

G.

P.S. I'm going to try and make my next post to this group have something to
do with the western theme - maybe a rant about how no one seem to really
care about this theme but that doesn't stop the prices for sets and pieces
from being ridiculous.  Never mind - I guess that pretty much sums it up.
Maybe I'll go back to obsessing over the fact that the Indian mini-figs are
the only ones with noses.