 Western/Wild West / 447
Re: Victorian Era Troops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 12:17:10 GMT

In lugnet.western, Jon Furman writes:
As promised, here are the pics of the Zulu era British soldiers.  You may
notice that in some photos the soldiers have blue pants and in some photos
their pants are white.  I took the original photos before I found out that
the pants should be Navy Blue, so I went back and put them in blue, only to
realize how dorky the bright blue legs look.  Any follow ups should probably
be posted to Adventurers, as I've posted there too.  Once again, the
bayonets are attached with wacky tack.  Jon

Jon,

I'm sorry it took so long to respond. Very nice! I like the scene, too. It
gives an authentic feel to the figures. The wacky tack is a great idea.

I'm still curious and would love to see more pictures of the shotgun you made -

It looks like you ground down the back end near the action and possibly
between the barrels as well...?  Could you snap a few shots if you get the
chance?

Great work, Jon!

Joel