 Western/Wild West / 380
Re: 6716 Canon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 19:13:45 GMT

The instructions for this set show the model including a "shooting cannon".
However, if this set was purchased in the United States, It did NOT come
with a shooting cannon.  In my experience, standard operating procedure at
Lego is to photograph the model with a shooting cannon, and "draw" up the
instruction manual with a shooting cannon, and then package a shooting
cannon ONLY with European and Canadian sets. (the Mexican Sets are usually
identical to the US Sets) (This explains why the US Boxes contain titles
written in Spanish and English,and occasionaly French or Portugese) European
sets usually contain no titles, only a set number.  So the picture in the
instruction booklet has no bearing on the type of Cannon included in the set.
You'll find this type of packaging to be true not only for Wild West Sets,
but also Ninja and pirate sets.  The sets are pictured on the box with a
shooting cannon, but inside, a hollow shell.  If you want to really feel
ripped off, the European sets also come with cool extra's like posters, and
the like.  "Bandits Secret Hideout" came with a great wild west poster of a
stagecoach robbery in Canada and Europe.
Interested in Finding out if a Wild West set is a European (shooting
cannon)or a Us version before you buy? (Ebay is a great place to pick up the
european sets, order them from sellers in Canada the shipping is much
cheaper) Check for two things, one would be a set name.  European sets do
not have a name printed on the box, sets are named in catalogs( hence all of
the ridiculous other names like Silver City and Fort Apache, even though the
stickers and sign's included in the set say Legoredo) and two, the the Snipe
in the upper corner of the box will read "Western", not "Wild West".  These
differences will also help in the searching of Ebay's database.  If you want
shooting cannons, type in Western if you are looking for wild west sets!  JOn

In lugnet.western, Dave Hacker writes:
Hello Western Fans
I have a question for anyone who owns the set 6716.  I recently got a copy
of the instructions for 6716 Weapons Wagon.  It is not clear what type of
canon this set has.  Is it an all gray non-shooting type, gray with black
pull tab that shoots or a different one all together.  Please let me know.
Thanks
Dave