 Western/Wild West / 187
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:50:11 GMT

In lugnet.western, David Little writes:
I to would love to see lando make it into lego.  I just think something would
be missing if he didn't.
About lego not doing civil war sets, I would not rule it out.  Remember
Playmobil is a european company and they do american civil war figures.  Lego
is a very different company from Playmobil in some cases, but I think that
them being in europe is not the deturing factor.  If anything keeps them from
doing a civil war theme I think that it will be the fact that they don't want
to be a war toy.
Back to the lando thing, I don't know what lego will do about this issue, but
I agree with you that star wars will force this issue on lego.  Kind of funny
tho.  Lego can build entire cities and themes but they are torn on what to do
about a minifig.
David

     Once upon a time it was evident that Lego was not a war toy, back when
the castle and space themes were young, but it seems that with each new theme,
or introduction of a sub theme Lego is just beggin' the kids to play war with
their Legos.  Space Police v. Blacktron, Forrestmen v. Knights, Aquanauts v.
Aqua raiders, Cowboys v. Indians, Rebellion v. Empire.  Honestly, these days
TLC would have to spin a yarn 10 miles long to debate that they aren't a war
toy.  I agree that their main purpose is construction oriented play, but to
market legos in the 21st century, they've definately taken a more agressive
perspective in designing their sets.
p.s., glad to hear that you liked my ideas for your western display, I hope
they work out.